The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the conducting body of the Combined Defence Service (CDS). The examination is conducted two times in every year. Every candidate that clears this examination is recruited in the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Navy Academy (INA), Officers Training Academy (OTA), and Indian Air Force Academy (IAFA). To get this prestigious opportunity of working for the Indian government, it is essential to enroll in one Best CDS Coaching in Delhi, so that you learn directly from the experts without wasting your time.
AlfaMetis CDS Coaching Academy is located on a well-connected road in Dwaraka, not far away from Delhi. The excellent structure of the classrooms, surrounded by modern amenities, inspires the candidates to work hard for the examination. Not far from the classrooms are our hostel and PG arrangements for students coming from far off locations. AlfaMetis believes in providing education for aspiring students, without wasting their time in traveling to and from the classes. This is why, with AlfaMetis, you can be assured of your success in the CDS examination.
What are the basic eligibility criteria for becoming a CDS Officer?
The eligibility criteria for becoming a CDS officer is as follows:
- The applicant must have completed graduation or should be studying in the final year of his graduation.
- Applicant must be married and in between 19 and 24 years of age during the date of application if he wishes to apply for the Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy. The applicant must hold an Engineering graduation degree to be a part of the Indian Naval Academy.
- For the Indian Air Force Academy, the applicant must be unmarried with the age of 20 to 24 years, and he must have a graduation degree with Physics and Mathematics as his 10+2 subjects or a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- Unmarried and married men of 19 to 25 years of age are allowed to apply for the Officers’ Training Academy.
- However, women and applicants for the non-technical positions at the Officers’ Training Academy must be in between 19 and 25 years of age. Widows, Divorcees, and unmarried people are only allowed to apply for this post.
Subjects for the CDS 2020 exam
The candidates applying to the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Navy Academy (INA), and the Indian Naval Academy (INA) have to appear for the written examination of three subjects. The details of the examination are listed below.
- English examination is conducted for 100 marks.
- General Knowledge for 100 marks.
- Elementary level Mathematics for 100 marks.
All of these examinations have objective type questions.
The candidates for the Officers’ Training Academy, have one subject less than the previous batch of students.
- Objective type English examination for 100 marks.
- Objective type General Knowledge for 100 marks.
Every candidate that aims of becoming a CDS officer must enroll in AlfaMetis CDS Coaching Institute to perform well based on the tips and tricks of their faculty.